My clients appreciate that I’ve walked the same path as them.
As the former Head of UK Government Relations for FTSE100 company Serco, and the Policy & Public Affairs lead for AQA, the largest examination board, I know what it is like to work in-house and the pressures it brings.
As a consultant, I’ve worked with clients in all sectors, observing their challenges and helping them solve them.
Areas specific to public affairs include:
- Establishing the Public Affairs function
- Thinking strategically & developing a programme
- Representing your organisation effectively
- Engaging effectively with stakeholders
- Using legislative procedure
- Understanding parliament
- Regulatory process
In addition, I cover:
- Working with the Board and providing senior counsel
- Offering advice and being heard
- Strengthening internal communications and relations
- Understanding personalities and handling ‘politics’
- Working with your agency
- Negotiating your career path
If you’d like to know more or if there is something you are interested in which is not listed, please do get in touch. All training is designed to brief and at no additional cost